Derby City SSP offers a range of volunteering and training opportunities through the comprehensive events calendar and award winning Leadership Academy offer.
This initiative is part of wider national programmes supported by the Youth Sport Trust and the Football Association. It includes ongoing support & personal development opportunities and aims to provide excellent experience, qualifications and training throughout the programme.
The role of someone within the Leadership Academy will include:
- Volunteering to assist with the running of events within the Derby City SSP School Sport calendar and those run within city schools
- Working with local schools and / or clubs in their chosen sport(s) whilst also looking to gain experience and try leadership in new sports
- Committing to attend Leadership Academy Training Days during the school year
- Giving presentations in schools across the City based on School Sport Olympic / Paralympic values and acting as advocates and role models to others
- Encouraging schools within the School Sport Partnership to organise sports festivals and engage with the SSP staff to build on the enthusiasm for sport
- Acting as role models throughout the School Sport Partnership and striving to promote the benefits of sport through assemblies, workshops and events
- Potentially attending regional and national conferences to learn more about their role and how to develop themselves and their experience.
For further information or to enquire about joining the Leadership Academy please contact us.